Canada Flag

Glencoe & District Historical Society

Preservation of Local Heritage


Strathburn Airport
Located south of Glencoe, the Strathburn Airport was a landing strip built in 1928 as an emergency landing strip for American Airways and later used during WW2 for pilot flight training. By 1945 the airport was no longer in service and the land was returned to farming. Today there is no remaining evidence of the airport. Map by G&DHS.


Located south of Glencoe the Strathburn Airport was a landing strip built as an emergency landing strip for American Airways and during WW2 pilot flight training. By 1945 the airport was no longer in service and returned to farmland.






Return to Top


Copyright 2011 Glencoe & District Historical Society. All rights reserved.
Web Hosting Provided by: www.sibername.com