Become A Member:
If you are interested in local history or genealogy then our society is a great organization to be affiliated with. The benefits of membership include:
- Presentations: Monthly membership meeting with guest speaker.
- Meet local historians and experts on a range of subjects.
- Access to historical archives, genealogy and family histories, and library.
- Monthly newsletter.
- Participation and fellowship. A great way to meet members of the community.
What is the membership cost?
- $15.00 CAD (single membership)
- $20.00 CAD (family membership)
Do I have to be a “history expert”?
No. Members have an interest in history, and have a desire to learn more from others. Many of our members have specialized knowledge in certain areas or topics. Many others have a casual interest in local history and enjoy the fellowship of the organization.
Do I need to be a member to attend a scheduled event?
No. If you have an interest in a particular presentation on our schedule you are more than welcome. If you want to check out our organization and watch a presentation that is fine.
What is the commitment if I join?
Some members are very active in our executive, committees, fund raising, and community involvement. Some members enjoy focusing on research. They enjoy the meetings, presentations, and get excellent use of our resources.
We have many casual members, particularly those who live quite a distance away, have health issues, or other commitments. Several of our members live outside Ontario.
How do I join?
Any of the following methods:
- Join us at a scheduled event. See the Event Schedule.
- Visit our building. Check our regular hours, or call (519) 287-3897 for appointment.
- Contact our membership chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.