Canada Flag

Glencoe & District Historical Society

Preservation of Local Heritage


Historical Plaques Throughout Middlesex County

The Middlesex Heritage Trail signs is an incentive of Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) of Middlesex County and together with funding partners, the County of Middlesex and in-part 8 Municipalities, collected the information from local historic groups, produced and installed 113 signs throughout Middlesex County. The Middlesex Heritage Trail signs can be found referenced in the tourism magazine “Middlesex… We’re on the Way” published by CFDC of Middlesex County. Online the Middlesex Heritage Trail signs is hosted by the Middlesex Tourism website www.middlesextourism.ca. Here we focus on the locations within Southwest Middlesex.

1) Burns Presbyterian Church
2) Oil Field In Mosa Township
3) Shields Siding Store
4) Cashmere Formerly Canton
5) Strathburn
6) Wardsville
7) Middlemiss
8) Melbourne "The Split Village"
9) North Ekfrid
10) Appin
11) Mayfair
12) Glencoe Post Office
13) Glencoe Town Hall
14) Grand Trunk and Wabash Train Station
15) Village of Glencoe
16) Glen Hall
17) Macksville
18) Peter McArthur: The Sage of Ekfrid
19) Strathburn Airport
20) German POW and Japanese Internee Camp


Heritage Map


1) Burns Presbyterian Church

2) Oil Field In Mosa Township

3) Shields Siding Store

4) Cashmere Formerly Canton

5) Strathburn

6) Wardsville

7) Middlemiss

8) Melbourne "The Split Village"

9) North Ekfrid

10) Appin

11) Mayfair

12) Glencoe Post Office

13) Glencoe Town Hall

14) Grand Trunk and Wabash Train Station

15) Village of Glencoe (1856) formerly Known As "Dundonald" (1853)

16) Glen Hall

17) Macksville

18) Peter McArthur: The Sage of Ekfrid

19) Strathburn Airport


20) German POW and Japanese Internee Camp



Acknowledgements:

The Middlesex County Heritage Trail is an effort by the CFDC, and information has been published on this page with permission. Historical information was provided to the CFDC by local historians. Within Southwest Middlesex information was provided by the following historians: H. Carruthers, L Munro, K Willis.

Return to Top


Copyright © 2011 Glencoe & District Historical Society. All rights reserved.
Web Hosting Provided by: www.sibername.com